There are a few reasons why you may be seeing a black screen, here we will cover all of them and how to correct it.
- Device doesn't turn on (Click Here)
- Home screen fails to load
- TV/Projector uses an unsupported Video ModE
- Computers with Graphics Card
- DRM Copyright Protection
- Faulty HDMI
Home Screen Fails to Load
Symptom: After plugging your Airtame into your TV, and powering it up and selecting the right HDMI source channel, you see a mostly black screen except for white writing on the bottom-right of the TV screen showing the version number.
Solution: Reset your Airtame
TV/Projector Uses an Unsupported Video Mode
Symptom: After plugging your Airtame into your TV, and powering it up and selecting the right HDMI source channel, your screen is completely black. Like the previous case but without a version number being shown on the bottom-right of the display. And using the device on another screen works
Solution: This could be unsolvable but we have steps that may still work.
- Set up Airtame on another display that does work and writes down the IP address.
- Move the Airtame to the screen where it doesn't work.
- Open the device management panel using the app or typing the IP into a web browser.
- Select a lower resolution (Like 1920x1080-60)
Computer With a Graphics Card
Symptom: You start a stream and one of the following occur:
- All you see is a black screen
- You see your stream but when going into full-screen mode you see a black screen
- You see black boxes covering sections of the screen.
Solution: Your computer is switching its graphics processing from the CPU to the GPU and Airtame doesn't switch where it is capturing from. Go into your graphics card configuration panel inside "Control panel" or the designated app and set the preferred graphics processor to "Auto-Select".
DRM Copyright Protection
Symptoms: When watching some content on your computer (Netflix, Itunes Movie, Amazon Prime...) your stream disappears and shows a black screen, you may continue hearing the audio from the content.
Solution: Not all browsers detect DRM so using a different web browser can allow for it to be streamed but some services running in their own app like Itunes are unavoidable and cannot be worked-around.
There is always the chance that the Airtame's hardware is broken. In the case of HDMI, this will usually present itself in distorted images instead of a black screen. Please write to email@example.com for finding out about replacing the faulty Airtame.